EDRN LabCAS Data Use Agreement
When downloading data users will be prompted with a Data Use Click-through Agreement. Logged-in users will be prompted once, while guests accessing public data will need to accept the agreement for each session.
The Early Detection Research Network (EDRN) is an NCI funded consortium that has been established with a mission to lead development of a systematic strategy to implement rigorous criteria for biomarker discovery and validation. This also includes an increased emphasis on biomarker validation, inclusion of imaging methods, and development of biomarkers to distinguish aggressive early-stage cancers from indolent cancers to reduce overtreatment.
The Laboratory Catalog and Archive Service (LabCAS), developed and operated by the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, under an Inter-agency agreement between the NIH and NASA, is the data sharing resource for the EDRN. Images, data and metadata from EDRN sites will be deposited in the EDRN LabCAS data repository.
The data in the EDRN LabCAS repository does not include personally identifiable information. Data Users access data residing in EDRN LabCAS by agreeing to the terms and conditions outlined below.
Data User agrees to:
- Use the data only for the research approved by EDRN and in accordance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, and policies including but not limited to the NIH Data Sharing Policy and the NIH Genomic Data Sharing Policy
- Make no effort to contact or identify individuals who are or may be the subjects of the data
- Not sell any of the data obtained
- Not distribute the data to any other party for any data that is downloaded
- Acknowledge the EDRN in all oral or written presentations, disclosures, or publications including the contributing investigators) who conducted the original study, the funding organization(s) that supported the work, the specific datasets), and any additional NIH-designated data repositories through which the investigator accessed any data
- Promptly report to the JPL Informatics Center any use or disclosure of the data not provided for by this Agreement of which it aware; emails may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
JPL MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS AND EXTENDS NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. THERE ARE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR THAT THE USE OF THE DATA WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY PATENT, COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. Unless prohibited by law, Data User assumes all liability for claims for damages against it by third parties which may arise from its use of the data.