- Oncogene DJ-1
- Parkinson disease (autosomal recessive, early onset) 7
- Parkinson disease protein 7
- Protein DJ-1
- DJ-1, also known as PARK-7, belongs to the peptidase C56 family of proteins. It acts as a positive regulator of androgen receptor-dependent transcription. It may also function as a redox-sensitive chaperone, as a sensor for oxidative stress, and it apparently protects neurons against oxidative stress and cell death. DJ-1 is highly expressed in pancreas, kidney, skeletal muscle, liver, testis and heart and is detected at slightly lower levels in placenta and brain.
- QA State
- HGNC Name
- QA State for Lung
- Under Review
Organ-specific information for some biomarkers are currently being annotated or are "under review". Logging in may give you privileges to view additional information. Contact the Informatics Center if you believe you should have access.
- Autoantibody profiling for cancer detection.
- DJ-1, a cancer- and Parkinson's disease-associated protein, stabilizes the antioxidant transcriptional master regulator Nrf2.
- Occurrence of autoantibodies to annexin I, 14-3-3 theta and LAMR1 in prediagnostic lung cancer sera.
- Proteomics-based identification of RS/DJ-1 as a novel circulating tumor antigen in breast cancer.