Study Design Guidance Tools
Tools that help guide the design of studies.
- Ransohoff DF. How to improve reliability and efficiency of research about molecular markers: roles of phases, guidelines, and study design. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology 2007;(in press) doi:10.1016/j.jclinepi.2007.04.020.
- Ransohoff DF. Response to commentary. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology 2007;(in press) doi:10.1016/j.jclinepi.2007.07.015.
- Pepe MS, Etzioni R, Feng Z, Potter JD, Thompson ML, Thornquist M, Winget M, Yasui Y. Phases of biomarker development for early detection of cancer. Journal of the National Cancer Institute 2001; 93(14):1054-61 (July 18).
- Baker SG, Kramer BS, Srivastava S. Markers for early detection of cancer: Statistical guidelines for nested case-control studies. BMC Medical Research Methodology 2002;2(1):4 (February 28).
- Rules of evidence for cancer molecular-marker discovery and validation
- Bias as a threat to the validity of cancer molecular-marker research
Sample Size Formula and Look-up Tables