How to Download Large Files and Datasets
For data that exceeds 1 Gb (recommended size for download via a web browser), users are prompted to either:
- download the provided script that can be run through your command prompt/terminal window
- proceed via your web browser - warning - you must keep your browser window open for the duration of the download
A wizard will prompt you to enter your username and password
- Enter your NIST username and password and then select the appropriate operating system.
- Click on the appropriate operating system icon to download the correct script
- Click Download Script File List to download a csv file that contains the list of files you have selected to download.
- Make sure to rename the downloaded files***.csv to "files.csv". There should be no numbers or other characters in the filename other than “files.csv”.
- You can now run the downloaded script.