Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- potassium voltage-gated channel subfamily H member 5,
- potassium voltage-gated channel, subfamily H (eag-related), member 5,
- Ether-a-go-go potassium channel 2,
- voltage-gated potassium channel EAG2,
- potassium channel HEAG2,
- ether-a-go-go-related potassium channel 2,
- Voltage-gated potassium channel subunit Kv10.2,
KCNH5 is a member of the potassium channel, voltage-gated, subfamily H family of voltage-gated potassium channels. The voltage-gated potassium channels are a complex class, both functionally and structurally. Functions include regulating neurotransmitter release, heart rate, insulin secretion, neuronal excitability, epithelial electrolyte transport, smooth muscle contraction, and cell volume. This member, KCNH5, is a pore-forming (alpha) subunit of a voltage-gated non-inactivating delayed rectifier potassium channel. The pore-forming alpha-subunits contain a single pore-forming region and combine to form tetramers. Alternative splicing results in three transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms.
|QA State:||Under Review|
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.