Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- tax-responsive element-binding protein 5,
- Tax-responsive element-binding protein 5,
- X-box binding protein 1,
- X-box-binding protein 1,
XBP1 is a transcription factor involved in hepatocyte growth, differentiation of plasma cells, immunoglobulin secretion, and the unfolded protein response (UPR). XBP1 regulates MHC class II genes by binding to a promoter element referred to as an X box. XBP1 also plays a role in activating unfolded protein response (UPR) target genes via direct binding to the UPR element (UPRE) during endoplasmic reticulum stress. There is an XBP1 pseudogene on chromosome 5.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
XBP1 is also an estrogen-regulated gene and strongly correlates with estrogen receptor alpha (ERÎ±) expression in breast cancers.
XBP1 was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- Estrogen regulation of X-box binding protein-1 and its role in estrogen induced growth of breast and endometrial cancer cells.
- Discovery and preliminary confirmation of novel early detection biomarkers for triple-negative breast cancer using preclinical plasma samples from the Women's Health Initiative observational study.
- Plasma biomarker profiles differ depending on breast cancer subtype but RANTES is consistently increased.
- HGNC entry for XBP1 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for XBP1 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for XBP1 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for XBP1 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term XBP1 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene XBP1 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for XBP1
- Human Gene(s) with 'XBP1' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for XBP1 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human XBP1
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for XBP1 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for XBP1 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of XBP1
|UniProt Accession #:||P17861|
|Mutated Sites Count:||17|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||4|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|