Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- kidney and brain protein,
- Kidney and brain protein,
- WW, C2 and coiled-coil domain containing 1,
- protein WWC1,
- protein KIBRA,
- HBeAg-binding protein 3,
- WW and C2 domain containing 1,
- WW domain-containing protein 1,
WWC1, or KIBRA, is a cytoplasmic phosphoprotein. Expression has been detected in the brain, heart, colon and kidney, as well as mammary epithelial cells and breast cancer cell lines. WWC1 interacts with PRKC-zeta and dynein light chain-1. Alleles of this gene have been found that may be associated with memory performance. Three transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for the WWC1 gene.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional ovarian data available.
WWC1 (KIBRA) was one of 50 tumor vasculature-associated genes with transmembrane or secreted protein products identified through expression profiling of ovarian cancer vascular cells. These 50 tumor vascular markers (TVMs) also had low or no expression in normal tissues. WWC1 (KIBRA) was not in the group of 13 selected for further validation.
- HGNC entry for WWC1 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for WWC1 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for WWC1 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for WWC1 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term WWC1 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene WWC1 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for WWC1
- Human Gene(s) with 'WWC1' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for WWC1 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human WWC1
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for WWC1 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for WWC1 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of WWC1
|UniProt Accession #:||Q8IX03|
|Mutated Sites Count:||207|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||24|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||5|