Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- Dopamine-responsive gene 1 protein,
- dopamine-responsive gene 1 protein,
- SKD1-binding protein 1,
- vacuolar protein sorting-associated protein VTA1 homolog,
- Vps20-associated 1 homolog (S. cerevisiae),
- chromosome 6 open reading frame 55,
- LYST-interacting protein 5,
- homolog of mouse SKD1-binding protein 1,
VTA1 (C6ORF55) is involved in activities of the multivesicular body, an endosomal compartment involved in sorting membrane proteins for degradation in lysosomes. VTA1 is thought to be a cofactor of VPS4A/B. VTA1 is involved in HIV-1 budding. It has been shown by similarity to be involved in the sorting and down-regulation of EGFR.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional ovarian data available.
VTA1 (C6ORF55) was one of 50 tumor vasculature-associated genes with transmembrane or secreted protein products identified through expression profiling of ovarian cancer vascular cells. These 50 tumor vascular markers (TVMs) also had low or no expression in normal tissues. VTA1 (C6ORF55) was not in the group of 13 selected for further validation.
- HGNC entry for VTA1 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for VTA1 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for VTA1 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for VTA1 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term VTA1 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene VTA1 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for VTA1
- Human Gene(s) with 'VTA1' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for VTA1 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human VTA1
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for VTA1 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for VTA1 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of VTA1
|UniProt Accession #:||Q9NP79|
|Mutated Sites Count:||84|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||8|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|