Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- homolog of mouse SKD1-binding protein 1,
- Dopamine-responsive gene 1 protein,
- vacuolar protein sorting-associated protein VTA1 homolog,
- Vps20-associated 1 homolog (S. cerevisiae),
- dopamine-responsive gene 1 protein,
- LYST-interacting protein 5,
- SKD1-binding protein 1,
- chromosome 6 open reading frame 55,
VTA1 (C6ORF55) is involved in activities of the multivesicular body, an endosomal compartment involved in sorting membrane proteins for degradation in lysosomes. VTA1 is thought to be a cofactor of VPS4A/B. VTA1 is involved in HIV-1 budding. It has been shown by similarity to be involved in the sorting and down-regulation of EGFR.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional ovarian data available.
VTA1 (C6ORF55) was one of 50 tumor vasculature-associated genes with transmembrane or secreted protein products identified through expression profiling of ovarian cancer vascular cells. These 50 tumor vascular markers (TVMs) also had low or no expression in normal tissues. VTA1 (C6ORF55) was not in the group of 13 selected for further validation.