Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- vascular endothelial growth factor,
- vascular endothelial growth factor A,
- Vascular permeability factor,
Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGFA or VEGF) is a growth factor and signaling protein involved in the regulation of angiogenesis, vasculogenesis, and endothelial cell grown. It induces endothelial cell proliferation, promotes cell migration, inhibits apoptosis and induces permeabilization of blood vessels. Three VEGFR isoforms have been identified in humans; VEGFR-1 (Flt-1), VEGFR-2 (KDR/Flk-1) and VEGFR-3 (Flt-4). VEGFR-2 mediates the majority of cellular responses to VEGF. VEGFR-1 is thought to modulate VEGFR-2 signaling or to act as a dummy/decoy receptor to sequester VEGF away from VEGFR-2.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
Preclinical and clinical studies have suggested that VEGFA is important in human breast cancer.
VEGFA was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
|QA State:||Under Review|
Elevated levels of VEGFA in serum and tumor tissue are associated with poor prognosis in patients with lung cancer.
Levels of angiogenic markers FGF2, ANG, and VEGFA in exhaled breath condensate significantly discriminated between 17 individuals with newly detected non-small cell lung cancer versus stable and exacerbated chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Discovery and preliminary confirmation of novel early detection biomarkers for triple-negative breast cancer using preclinical plasma samples from the Women's Health Initiative observational study.
- Plasma biomarker profiles differ depending on breast cancer subtype but RANTES is consistently increased.
- The state of molecular biomarkers for the early detection of lung cancer.
- Angiogenic markers in breath condensate identify non-small cell lung cancer.
- Translocator protein (TSPO) in breast cancer.
- HGNC entry for VEGFA from Genenames
- KEGG entry for VEGFA from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for VEGFA all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for VEGFA from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term VEGFA from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene VEGFA from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for VEGFA
- Human Gene(s) with 'VEGFA' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for VEGFA from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human VEGFA
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for VEGFA from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for VEGFA from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of VEGFA
|UniProt Accession #:||P15692|
|Mutated Sites Count:||122|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||7|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||5|