Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- uridine phosphorylase 1,
- EC 220.127.116.11,
- UPase 1,
- UrdPase 1,
- urdPase 1,
- uridine phosphorylase,
UPP1, or uridine phosphorylase 1, is a pyrimidine nucleoside phosphorylase. UPP1, in the presence of orthophosphate, catalyzes the reversible phosphorylytic cleavage of uridine and deoxyuridine to uracil and ribose- or deoxyribose-1-phosphate. Pyrimidine nucleoside phosphorylases can add ribose or deoxyribose to pyrimidine bases to form nucleosides that can be incorporated into RNA or DNA.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional breast data available.
UPP1 was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- HGNC entry for UPP1 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for UPP1 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for UPP1 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for UPP1 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term UPP1 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene UPP1 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for UPP1
- Human Gene(s) with 'UPP1' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for UPP1 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human UPP1
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for UPP1 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for UPP1 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of UPP1
|UniProt Accession #:||Q16831|
|Mutated Sites Count:||73|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||7|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|