Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- Mitochondrial benzodiazepine receptor,
- Peripheral-type benzodiazepine receptor,
- mitochondrial benzodiazepine receptor,
- peripheral-type benzodiazepine receptor,
- translocator protein,
- benzodiazapine receptor (peripheral),
- translocator protein (18kDa),
- benzodiazepine peripheral binding site,
TSPO is a conserved protein found at the outer mitochondrial membrane. TSPO interacts with some benzodiazepines and isoquinoline carboxamides and has different affinities than its endogenous counterpart. TSPO is also involved in the transport of porphyrins and heme.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
The TSPO gene is known to be over-expressed in highly aggressive tumors, especially those of the breast. Increasing levels of the TSPO protein are correlated with more advanced stages of breast cancer. Higher TSPO levels are found in estrogen receptor (ER)-negative breast tumors, compared with ER-positive tumors.
TSPO was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- The 18-kDa translocator protein (TSPO) disrupts mammary epithelial morphogenesis and promotes breast cancer cell migration.
- Use of proteomic patterns in serum to identify ovarian cancer.
- Overexpression of alpha-defensin is associated with bladder cancer invasiveness.
- FGF18 as a prognostic and therapeutic biomarker in ovarian cancer.
- HGNC entry for TSPO from Genenames
- KEGG entry for TSPO from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for TSPO all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for TSPO from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term TSPO from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene TSPO from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for TSPO
- Human Gene(s) with 'TSPO' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for TSPO from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human TSPO
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for TSPO from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for TSPO from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of TSPO
|UniProt Accession #:||P30536|
|Mutated Sites Count:||10|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||2|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|