Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- Thyrotropin alfa,
- thyrotropin subunit beta,
- INN=Thyrotropin alfa,
- thyrotropin beta subunit,
- thyroid stimulating hormone, beta,
- Thyrotropin beta chain,
- Thyroid-stimulating hormone subunit beta,
TSH, a secreted protein belonging to the glycoprotein hormones subunit beta family, is essential for the control of thyroid structure and metabolism. The four human glycoprotein hormones - chorionic gonadotropin (CG), luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), and thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH)- are dimers consisting of alpha and beta subunits that are associated noncovalently. The alpha subunits of these hormones are identical, however, their beta chains are unique and confer biological specificity. Congenital hypothyroidism is caused by mutation in the TSH gene.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
TSHB alone was not shown to be a strong predictor of ovarian cancer.
Of the ovarian cancer biomarkers tested in prediagnostic specimens, from the PLCO, CA125 remains the single best biomarker for ovarian cancer and has its strongest signal within six months of diagnosis. TSHB alone was not a strong predictor.
No associated publications found.
- HGNC entry for TSHB from Genenames
- KEGG entry for TSHB from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for TSHB all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for TSHB from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term TSHB from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene TSHB from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for TSHB
- Human Gene(s) with 'TSHB' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for TSHB from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human TSHB
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for TSHB from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for TSHB from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of TSHB
No other associated resources found.
|UniProt Accession #:||P01222|
|Mutated Sites Count:||48|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||7|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||5|