Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- Cysteine-rich domain associated with RING and Traf domains protein 1,
- cysteine-rich domain associated with ring and TRAF domain,
- TNF receptor-associated factor 4,
- MLN 62,
- metastatic lymph node gene 62 protein,
- malignant 62,
- Metastatic lymph node gene 62 protein,
- tumor necrosis receptor-associated factor 4A,
- RING finger protein 83,
- cysteine-rich domain associated with RING and Traf domains protein 1,
TRAF4 is a member of the TNF receptor associated factor (TRAF) family. Members of the TRAF family are the major signal transducers for the TNF receptor (TNFR) superfamily and the interleukin-1 receptor/Toll-like receptor superfamily. TRAF4 is involved in the activation of NF-kappa-B and JNK, and in the regulation of cell survival and apoptosis.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
The TRAF4 gene is amplified in breast carcinoma. TRAF4 is also involved in the regulation of the TGF-Î² pathway and in subsequent breast cancer pathogenesis.
TRAF4 was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- Mitochondrial genome deletion aids in the identification of false- and true-negative prostate needle core biopsy specimens.
- TRAF4 promotes TGF-β receptor signaling and drives breast cancer metastasis.
- Discovery and preliminary confirmation of novel early detection biomarkers for triple-negative breast cancer using preclinical plasma samples from the Women's Health Initiative observational study.
- Plasma biomarker profiles differ depending on breast cancer subtype but RANTES is consistently increased.
- HGNC entry for TRAF4 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for TRAF4 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for TRAF4 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for TRAF4 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term TRAF4 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene TRAF4 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for TRAF4
- Human Gene(s) with 'TRAF4' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for TRAF4 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human TRAF4
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for TRAF4 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for TRAF4 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of TRAF4
|UniProt Accession #:||Q9BUZ4|
|Mutated Sites Count:||47|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||7|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||5|