Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- CD30 ligand,
- tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 8,
- CD30 antigen ligand,
- tumor necrosis factor (ligand) superfamily, member 8,
- CD153 antigen,
TNFSF8, also known as CD30 ligand, is a cytokine belonging to the tumor necrosis factor (TNF) ligand family. TNFSF8 binds to TNFRSF8/CD30, a cell surface antigen and a marker for Hodgkin lymphoma and related hematologic malignancies. TNFSF8 has been shown to induce proliferation of T-cells. It also enhances cell proliferation of some lymphoma cell lines, and induces cell death and reduces cell proliferation of other lymphoma cell lines. There are two different isoforms encoded by two transcript variants.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
TNFSF8 variants may be involved in the etiology of lung cancer.
TNFSF8 is a member of the TNF ligand superfamily, which stimulates T-cell growth. Up-regulation of this protein correlates with proliferation in hematological malignancies. Further studies have shown possible involvement in susceptibility to lung cancer. TNFSF8 is also a member of a 12 protein panel that can discriminate NSCLC from controls with 91% sensitivity and 84% specificity in cross-validated training and 89% sensitivity and 83% specificity in a separate verification set, with similar performance for early and late stage NSCLC.
- Association of a novel functional promoter variant (rs2075533 C>T) in the apoptosis gene TNFSF8 with risk of lung cancer--a finding from Texas lung cancer genome-wide association study.
- Unlocking biomarker discovery: large scale application of aptamer proteomic technology for early detection of lung cancer.
- The state of molecular biomarkers for the early detection of lung cancer.
- HGNC entry for TNFSF8 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for TNFSF8 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for TNFSF8 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for TNFSF8 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term TNFSF8 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene TNFSF8 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for TNFSF8
- Human Gene(s) with 'TNFSF8' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for TNFSF8 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human TNFSF8
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for TNFSF8 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for TNFSF8 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of TNFSF8
No other associated resources found.
|UniProt Accession #:||P32971|
|Mutated Sites Count:||44|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||10|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||5|