Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- death receptor 6,
- tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily, member 21,
TNFRSF21, a member of the TNF-receptor superfamily and a single-pass type I membrane protein, has been shown to activate NF-kappaB and MAPK8/JNK, and induce cell apoptosis. Through its death domain, this receptor interacts with TRADD protein, which is known to serve as an adaptor that mediates signal transduction of TNF-receptors. TNFRSF21 is required for both normal cell body death and axonal pruning. Knockout studies in mice suggested that this gene plays a role in T-helper cell activation, and may be involved in inflammation and immune regulation.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
TNFRSF21 is a secreted molecule that is selectively expressed in tumor vasculature and represents a promising target as a serum biomarker.
TNFRSF21 protein is detectable in sera of epithelial ovarian cancer patients and at higher levels compared with healthy donors.
- HGNC entry for TNFRSF21 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for TNFRSF21 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for TNFRSF21 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for TNFRSF21 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term TNFRSF21 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene TNFRSF21 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for TNFRSF21
- Human Gene(s) with 'TNFRSF21' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for TNFRSF21 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human TNFRSF21
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for TNFRSF21 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for TNFRSF21 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of TNFRSF21
|UniProt Accession #:||O75509|
|Mutated Sites Count:||101|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||16|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|