Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- TNF alpha-induced protein 6,
- tumor necrosis factor, alpha-induced protein 6,
- TNF-stimulated gene 6 protein,
- Hyaluronate-binding protein,
- Tumor necrosis factor-inducible gene 6 protein,
- tumor necrosis factor-inducible gene 6 protein,
- tumor necrosis factor-stimulated gene-6 protein,
TNFAIP6 is a secretory protein that contains a hyaluronan-binding domain, and thus is a member of the hyaluronan-binding protein family. It is possibly involved in cell-cell and cell-matrix interactions during inflammation and tumorigenesis. Enhanced levels of this protein are found in the synovial fluid of patients with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
TNFAIP6 (TSG6) localized to vascular-like structures in ovarian cancer but not in normal ovaries.
TNFAIP6 (TSG6) was one of 13 genes out of 50 selected for further validation in PMID:21617380. Average expression of TNFAIP6 was significantly higher in epithelial ovarian cancer tumors than any other normal tissue tested.
|UniProt Accession #:||P98066|
|Mutated Sites Count:||55|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||9|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|