Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- TNF-stimulated gene 6 protein,
- Tumor necrosis factor-inducible gene 6 protein,
- tumor necrosis factor-stimulated gene-6 protein,
- TNF alpha-induced protein 6,
- tumor necrosis factor-inducible gene 6 protein,
- Hyaluronate-binding protein,
- tumor necrosis factor, alpha-induced protein 6,
TNFAIP6 is a secretory protein that contains a hyaluronan-binding domain, and thus is a member of the hyaluronan-binding protein family. It is possibly involved in cell-cell and cell-matrix interactions during inflammation and tumorigenesis. Enhanced levels of this protein are found in the synovial fluid of patients with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
TNFAIP6 (TSG6) localized to vascular-like structures in ovarian cancer but not in normal ovaries.
TNFAIP6 (TSG6) was one of 13 genes out of 50 selected for further validation in PMID:21617380. Average expression of TNFAIP6 was significantly higher in epithelial ovarian cancer tumors than any other normal tissue tested.
- HGNC entry for TNFAIP6 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for TNFAIP6 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for TNFAIP6 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for TNFAIP6 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term TNFAIP6 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene TNFAIP6 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for TNFAIP6
- Human Gene(s) with 'TNFAIP6' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for TNFAIP6 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human TNFAIP6
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for TNFAIP6 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for TNFAIP6 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of TNFAIP6
|UniProt Accession #:||P98066|
|Mutated Sites Count:||55|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||9|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|