Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- Toll/interleukin-1 receptor-like protein 4,
- toll-like receptor 2,
- toll/interleukin 1 receptor-like 4,
- toll/interleukin-1 receptor-like protein 4,
- CD282 antigen,
TLR2, or toll-like receptor 2, is a member of the Toll-like receptor (TLR) family which plays a fundamental role in pathogen recognition and activation of innate immunity. TLR2 is involved in the innate immune response to bacterial lipoproteins and other microbial cell wall components. TLR2 also plays a role in NF-kappa-B activation, cytokine secretion and the inflammatory response.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
TLR2 gene polymorphisms have been related to increased susceptibility to cancer development in various organs, including breast cancer.
TLR2 was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- Discovery and preliminary confirmation of novel early detection biomarkers for triple-negative breast cancer using preclinical plasma samples from the Women's Health Initiative observational study.
- Plasma biomarker profiles differ depending on breast cancer subtype but RANTES is consistently increased.
- Toll-like receptors gene polymorphisms may confer increased susceptibility to breast cancer development.
- HGNC entry for TLR2 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for TLR2 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for TLR2 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for TLR2 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term TLR2 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene TLR2 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for TLR2
- Human Gene(s) with 'TLR2' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for TLR2 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human TLR2
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for TLR2 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for TLR2 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of TLR2
|UniProt Accession #:||O60603|
|Mutated Sites Count:||140|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||20|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||6|