Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- Polypeptide P1.B,
- Intestinal Trefoil Factor,
- Trefoil Factor 3 (Intestinal),
- Trefoil Factor 3, HITF, Human Intestinal Trefoil Factor11,
- Trefoil Factor 3,
TFF3 is a member of the trefoil factor family. The trefoil factors are secreted peptides produced by normal intestinal mucosa, characterized by having at least one copy of the trefoil motif, a 40-amino acid domain that contains three conserved disulfides.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
Through gene expression profiling studies TFF3 mRNA has been found to be overexpressed in prostate cancer.
Increased TFF3 transcript expression can be a predictor of prostate cancer. A multiplexed model including seven biomarkers (AMACR, ERG, GOLPH2, PCA3, SPINK1, TFF3, TMPRSS2:ERG) outperforms serum PSA or PCA3 alone.
- HGNC entry for TFF3 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for TFF3 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for TFF3 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for TFF3 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term TFF3 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene TFF3 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for TFF3
- Human Gene(s) with 'TFF3' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for TFF3 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human TFF3
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for TFF3 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for TFF3 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of TFF3
|UniProt Accession #:||Q07654|
|Mutated Sites Count:||7|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||3|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||5|