Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- STAT, interleukin4-induced,
- signal transducer and activator of transcription 6,
- signal transducer and activator of transcription 6, interleukin-4 induced,
- IL-4 Stat,
- transcription factor IL-4 STAT,
STAT6 is a member of the STAT family of transcription factors. STAT family members are phosphorylated by the receptor associated kinases in response to cytokines and growth factors and are involved in signal transduction and activation of transcription. There are several transcript variants produced by alternative splicing.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
The transcription factor STAT6 is a member of a family of DNA binding proteins. STAT6 has been shown to be a critical cell differentiation modulator in breast cancer cells.
STAT6 was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- HGNC entry for STAT6 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for STAT6 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for STAT6 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for STAT6 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term STAT6 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene STAT6 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for STAT6
- Human Gene(s) with 'STAT6' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for STAT6 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human STAT6
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for STAT6 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for STAT6 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of STAT6
|UniProt Accession #:||P42226|
|Mutated Sites Count:||196|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||17|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||5|