Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- single-stranded DNA binding protein 1,
- single-stranded DNA-binding protein,
- single-stranded DNA binding protein 1, mitochondrial,
- PWP1-interacting protein 17,
- single-stranded DNA-binding protein, mitochondrial,
SSBP1 is a housekeeping gene that is thought to be involved in mitochondrial DNA replication. SSBP1, or single-stranded DNA-binding protein binds to single stranded DNA. It is also a subunit of a single-stranded DNA (ssDNA)-binding complex involved in the maintenance of genome stability.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional breast data available.
SSBP1 was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- Discovery and preliminary confirmation of novel early detection biomarkers for triple-negative breast cancer using preclinical plasma samples from the Women's Health Initiative observational study.
- Plasma biomarker profiles differ depending on breast cancer subtype but RANTES is consistently increased.
- HGNC entry for SSBP1 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for SSBP1 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for SSBP1 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for SSBP1 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term SSBP1 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene SSBP1 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for SSBP1
- Human Gene(s) with 'SSBP1' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for SSBP1 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human SSBP1
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for SSBP1 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for SSBP1 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of SSBP1
|UniProt Accession #:||Q04837|
|Mutated Sites Count:||28|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||8|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|