Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- Serine Peptidase Inhibitor, Kazal Type 1,
- Tumor-Associated Trypsin Inhibitor,
- Serine Protease Inhibitor, Kazal Type 1,
- Pancreatic Secretory Trypsin Inhibitor,
- Serine Protease Inhibitor, Kazal-Type 1,
SPINK1 is a trypsin inhibitor, which is secreted from pancreatic acinar cells into pancreatic juice. Its physiological function is to prevent the trypsin-catalyzed premature activation of zymogens within the pancreas. Mutations in SPINK1 are associated with hereditary pancreatitis and tropical calcific pancreatitis.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
High levels of SPINK1 have been associated with a greater rate of prostate cancer recurrence.
Increased SPINK1 transcript expression can be a predictor of prostate cancer. A multiplexed model including seven biomarkers (AMACR, ERG, GOLPH2, PCA3, SPINK1, TFF3, TMPRSS2:ERG) outperforms serum PSA or PCA3 alone.
- HGNC entry for SPINK1 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for SPINK1 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for SPINK1 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for SPINK1 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term SPINK1 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene SPINK1 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for SPINK1
- Human Gene(s) with 'SPINK1' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for SPINK1 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human SPINK1
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for SPINK1 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for SPINK1 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of SPINK1
|UniProt Accession #:||P00995|
|Mutated Sites Count:||14|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||5|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||3|