Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- Solute carrier family 30 member 6,
- solute carrier family 30 (zinc transporter), member 6,
- Zinc transporter 6,
SLC30A6 is a zinc-efflux transporter which has been shown by similarity to be involved in distributing the cytoplasmic zinc to the trans-Golgi network (TGN) as well as the vesicular compartment. SLC30A6, a member of the zinc transporter (ZNT)/SLC30 subfamily of the cation diffusion facilitator family, permits cellular efflux of zinc.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional ovarian data available.
SLC30A6 was one of 50 tumor vasculature-associated genes with transmembrane or secreted protein products identified through expression profiling of ovarian cancer vascular cells. These 50 tumor vascular markers (TVMs) also had low or no expression in normal tissues. SLC30A6 was not in the group of 13 selected for further validation.
- HGNC entry for SLC30A6 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for SLC30A6 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for SLC30A6 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for SLC30A6 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term SLC30A6 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene SLC30A6 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for SLC30A6
- Human Gene(s) with 'SLC30A6' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for SLC30A6 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human SLC30A6
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for SLC30A6 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for SLC30A6 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of SLC30A6
|UniProt Accession #:||Q6NXT4|
|Mutated Sites Count:||149|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||9|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|