Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- solute carrier family 25 (mitochondrial carrier; Graves disease autoantigen), member 16,
- graves disease carrier protein,
- Solute carrier family 25 member 16,
- solute carrier family 25 member 16,
- Mitochondrial solute carrier protein homolog,
- mitochondrial solute carrier protein homolog,
- graves disease autoantigen,
- Graves disease autoantigen,
SLC25A16 is a member of the mitochondrial carrier family and contains three tandemly repeated mitochondrial carrier protein domains. The SLC26A16 protein is found in the inner membrane of the mitochondria where it is necessary for the accumulation of coenzyme A in the mitochondrial matrix. SLC25A16 also facilitates the rapid transport and exchange of molecules between the cytosol and the mitochondrial matrix space. The SLC25A16 gene is thought to be involved in Graves' disease.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional breast data available.
ADH5 was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- HGNC entry for SLC25A16 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for SLC25A16 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for SLC25A16 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for SLC25A16 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term SLC25A16 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene SLC25A16 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for SLC25A16
- Human Gene(s) with 'SLC25A16' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for SLC25A16 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human SLC25A16
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for SLC25A16 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for SLC25A16 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of SLC25A16
|UniProt Accession #:||P16260|
|Mutated Sites Count:||32|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||5|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|