Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- solute carrier family 11 (sodium/phosphate symporters), member 1,
- NRAMP 1,
- solute carrier family 11 (proton-coupled divalent metal ion transporters), member 1,
- natural resistance-associated macrophage protein 1,
SLC11A1 is a membrane associated divalent transition metal (iron and manganese) transporter involved in iron metabolism and host resistance to certain pathogens. SLC11A1 is a member of the solute carrier family 11 (proton-coupled divalent metal ion transporters) family. Mutations in the SLC11A1 gene are involved in susceptibility to infectious diseases such as tuberculosis and leprosy, and inflammatory diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and Crohn disease. Several alternatively spliced variants have been identified.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
NRAMP expression was absent in HUVEC (human umbilical vein endothelial cells) and tumor endothelial cells, but expression was detected in tumor leukocytes as well as normal monocytes.
SLC11A1 (NRAMP) was one of 13 genes out of 50 selected for further validation in PMID:21617380.
- HGNC entry for SLC11A1 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for SLC11A1 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for SLC11A1 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for SLC11A1 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term SLC11A1 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene SLC11A1 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for SLC11A1
- Human Gene(s) with 'SLC11A1' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for SLC11A1 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human SLC11A1
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for SLC11A1 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for SLC11A1 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of SLC11A1
|UniProt Accession #:||P49279|
|Mutated Sites Count:||79|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||12|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|