Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- Serpin E1,
- Endothelial plasminogen activator inhibitor,
- Serine (Or Cysteine) Proteinase Inhibitor, Clade E (Nexin, Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor Type 1), Member 1,
- Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor 1,
- Serpin Peptidase Inhibitor, Clade E (Nexin, Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor Type 1), Member 1,
The SERPINE1 protein is a serine proteinase inhibitor (serpin) superfamily. SERPINE1 is the main inhibitor of tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) and urokinase (uPA), the activators of plasminogen and hence fibrinolysis. It is found in plasma and platelets and in endothelial, hepatoma and fibrosarcoma cells. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
Mutations in the plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) gene, along with increased PAI-1 levels, have been implicated in the pathogenesis of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).
Of the 28 ovarian cancer biomarkers tested in prediagnostic specimens, from the PLCO, CA125 remains the single best biomarker for ovarian cancer and has its strongest signal within six months of diagnosis. SERPINE1, also known as PAI-1, alone was not a strong predictor.
- HGNC entry for SERPINE1 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for SERPINE1 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for SERPINE1 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for SERPINE1 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term SERPINE1 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene SERPINE1 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for SERPINE1
- Human Gene(s) with 'SERPINE1' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for SERPINE1 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human SERPINE1
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for SERPINE1 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for SERPINE1 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of SERPINE1
|UniProt Accession #:||P05121|
|Mutated Sites Count:||1|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||1|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||1|