Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- lymph node homing receptor,
- lymphocyte adhesion molecule 1,
- selectin L,
- leukocyte-endothelial cell adhesion molecule 1,
- leukocyte surface antigen Leu-8,
- CD62 antigen-like family member L,
- pln homing receptor,
- Leukocyte adhesion molecule 1,
- Lymph node homing receptor,
- Leukocyte surface antigen Leu-8,
- Leukocyte-endothelial cell adhesion molecule 1,
- CD62L antigen,
From NCBI Gene and UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot: sL-selectin, also known as SELL, is a cell surface adhesion molecule that belongs to a family of adhesion/homing receptors. SELL mediates the adherence of lymphocytes to endothelial cells of high endothelial venules in peripheral lymph nodes and promotes initial tethering and rolling of leukocytes in endothelia, facilitating their migration into secondary lymphoid organs and inflammation sites. SELL contains a C-type lectin-like domain, a calcium-binding epidermal growth factor-like domain, and two short complement-like repeats. Alternatively spliced transcript variants have been found for this gene.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional data available.
SELL is a member of a 28 autoantibody (AAb) classifier that was developed with a sensitivity of 80.8% and a specificity of 61.6% (AUC=0.756). The 28 autoantibodies are potential biomarkers for breast cancer both individually and as members of the classifier.
SELL has not been identified previously in serum as a lung cancer biomarker and represents a novel finding in the aptamer proteomic technology study (Ostroff et al, 2010). A decreased level of SELL was seen in the serum of lung cancer patients compared to controls in this study.
sL-selectin, also known as SELL, is a member of a 12 protein panel that can discriminate NSCLC from controls with 91% sensitivity and 84% specificity in cross-validated training and 89% sensitivity and 83% specificity in a separate verification set, with similar performance for early and late stage NSCLC.
- HGNC entry for SELL from Genenames
- KEGG entry for SELL from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for SELL all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for SELL from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term SELL from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene SELL from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for SELL
- Human Gene(s) with 'SELL' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for SELL from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human SELL
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for SELL from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for SELL from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of SELL
No other associated resources found.
|UniProt Accession #:||P14151|
|Mutated Sites Count:||71|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||8|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|