Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- transport protein SEC23B,
- protein transport protein Sec23B,
- SEC23-like protein B,
- Sec23 (S. cerevisiae) homolog B,
- SEC23-related protein B,
- Sec23 homolog B (S. cerevisiae),
- congenital dyserythropoietic anemia, type II,
SEC23B is a member of the SEC23B/SEC24B family. SEC23B is a component of the COPII coat, that covers ER-derived vesicles involved in transport from the endoplasmic reticulum to the Golgi apparatus. By similarity, it has been shown that COPII acts in the cytoplasm to promote the transport of secretory, plasma membrane, and vacuolar proteins from the endoplasmic reticulum to the Golgi complex.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional ovarian data available.
SEC23B was one of 50 tumor vasculature-associated genes with transmembrane or secreted protein products identified through expression profiling of ovarian cancer vascular cells. These 50 tumor vascular markers (TVMs) also had low or no expression in normal tissues. SEC23B was not in the group of 13 selected for further validation.
- HGNC entry for SEC23B from Genenames
- KEGG entry for SEC23B from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for SEC23B all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for SEC23B from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term SEC23B from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene SEC23B from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for SEC23B
- Human Gene(s) with 'SEC23B' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for SEC23B from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human SEC23B
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for SEC23B from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for SEC23B from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of SEC23B
|UniProt Accession #:||Q15437|
|Mutated Sites Count:||183|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||19|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|