Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- heparan sulfate proteoglycan fibroblast growth factor receptor,
- syndecan 1,
- CD138 antigen,
- syndecan proteoglycan 1,
SDC1 is a transmembrane (type I) heparan sulfate proteoglycan and is a member of the syndecan proteoglycan family. The SDC1 protein functions as an integral membrane protein and participates in cell proliferation, cell migration and cell-matrix interactions via its receptor for extracellular matrix proteins.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
SDC1 was shown to localize to vascular-like structures in ovarian cancer but not in normal ovaries.
SDC1 was one of 13 genes out of 50 selected for further validation in PMID:21617380.
- HGNC entry for SDC1 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for SDC1 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for SDC1 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for SDC1 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term SDC1 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene SDC1 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for SDC1
- Human Gene(s) with 'SDC1' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for SDC1 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human SDC1
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for SDC1 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for SDC1 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of SDC1
|UniProt Accession #:||P18827|
|Mutated Sites Count:||50|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||10|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||5|