Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- ring finger protein 113A,
- Zinc finger protein 183,
- RING finger protein 113A,
- zinc finger protein 183 (RING finger, C3HC4 type),
RNF113A is a member of the RNF family, or RING-type zinc finger proteins. The RNF proteins are a subset of the larger family of zinc finger proteins. Members of the RNF family have an enzyme activity known as E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase which targets other proteins to be degraded within cells. RNF113A contains a C3H1-type zinc finger domain and a C3HC4 Ring-type (Really Interesting New Gene-type) zinc finger domain. The Ring-type zinc finger domain is present in various tumor suppressors, DNA repair genes and cytokine receptor-associated molecules, and is implicated in mediating protein-protein interactions.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
RNF113A is a RING-type zinc finger protein. Several RING-type zinc finger proteins act as tumor suppressors. BRCA1 is also a RING-type zinc finger protein, with the same C3HC4 Ring-type zinc finger domain as RNF113A. Mutations in the tumor suppressor BRCA1 are widely known to contribute to the development of breast cancer.
RNF113A was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- Discovery and preliminary confirmation of novel early detection biomarkers for triple-negative breast cancer using preclinical plasma samples from the Women's Health Initiative observational study.
- Plasma biomarker profiles differ depending on breast cancer subtype but RANTES is consistently increased.
- HGNC entry for RNF113A from Genenames
- KEGG entry for RNF113A from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for RNF113A all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for RNF113A from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term RNF113A from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene RNF113A from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for RNF113A
- Human Gene(s) with 'RNF113A' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for RNF113A from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human RNF113A
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for RNF113A from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for RNF113A from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of RNF113A
|UniProt Accession #:||O15541|
|Mutated Sites Count:||49|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||0|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||3|