Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- Aplysia ras-related homolog 12,
- ras homolog family member A,
- ras homolog gene family, member A,
- rho cDNA clone 12,
- oncogene RHO H12,
- transforming protein RhoA,
- small GTP binding protein RhoA,
- Rho cDNA clone 12,
RHOA is a member of the small GTPase superfamily. RHO family GTPases are involved in many basic cellular processes that influence cell proliferation, differentiation, motility, adhesion, survival, or secretion. RHOA regulates a signal transduction pathway linking plasma membrane receptors to the assembly of focal adhesions and actin stress fibers.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
RHOA has been shown to be involved in hypoxia-inducible factor-mediated RHOA expression and signaling in breast cancer cells.
RHOA was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- Discovery and preliminary confirmation of novel early detection biomarkers for triple-negative breast cancer using preclinical plasma samples from the Women's Health Initiative observational study.
- Plasma biomarker profiles differ depending on breast cancer subtype but RANTES is consistently increased.
- Hypoxia-inducible factors mediate coordinated RhoA-ROCK1 expression and signaling in breast cancer cells.
- HGNC entry for RHOA from Genenames
- KEGG entry for RHOA from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for RHOA all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for RHOA from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term RHOA from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene RHOA from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for RHOA
- Human Gene(s) with 'RHOA' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for RHOA from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human RHOA
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for RHOA from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for RHOA from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of RHOA
|UniProt Accession #:||P61586|
|Mutated Sites Count:||47|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||12|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|