Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- cardiac-specific ras association domain family 1 protein,
- Ras association (RalGDS/AF-6) domain family member 1,
- pancreas-specific ras association domain family 1 protein,
- tumor suppressor protein RDA32,
- ras association domain-containing protein 1,
RASSF1A is a potential tumor suppressor. It is required for death receptor-dependent apoptosis and mediates activation of STK4 during Fas-induced apoptosis. When associated with MOAP1, RASSF1A promotes BAX conformational change and translocation to mitochondrial membranes in response to TNF and TNFSF10 stimulation. RASSF1A inhibits proliferation by negatively regulating cell cycle progression at the level of G1/S-phase transition by regulating accumulation of cyclin D1 protein. Isoform A of RASSF1A disrupts interactions among MDM2, DAXX and USP7, thus contributing to the efficient activation of TP53 by promoting MDM2 self-ubiquitination in cell-cycle checkpoint control in response to DNA damage.
|QA State:||Under Review|
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.