Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- RAB13, member RAS oncogene family,
- cell growth-inhibiting gene 4 protein,
- Cell growth-inhibiting gene 4 protein,
- ras-related protein Rab-13,
- growth-inhibiting gene 4 protein,
- RAS-associated protein RAB13,
RAB13 is a member of the Rab family of small G proteins and plays a role in regulating membrane trafficking between trans-Golgi network (TGN) and recycling endosomes (RE). RAB13 is thought to participate in polarized transport, in the assembly and/or the activity of tight junctions, which are components of the apical junctional complex (AJC) of epithelial cells. There are several alternatively spliced transcript variants for this gene, and a pseudogene located on chromosome 12.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional breast data available.
RAB13 was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- HGNC entry for RAB13 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for RAB13 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for RAB13 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for RAB13 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term RAB13 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene RAB13 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for RAB13
- Human Gene(s) with 'RAB13' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for RAB13 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human RAB13
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for RAB13 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for RAB13 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of RAB13
|UniProt Accession #:||P51153|
|Mutated Sites Count:||37|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||1|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|