Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- tyrosine-protein phosphatase non-receptor type 11,
- Noonan syndrome 1,
- protein tyrosine phosphatase, non-receptor type 11,
- Protein-tyrosine phosphatase 2C,
- protein-tyrosine phosphatase 2C,
- protein-tyrosine phosphatase 1D,
- EC 18.104.22.168,
- Protein-tyrosine phosphatase 1D,
PTPN11 is a member of the protein tyrosine phosphatase (PTP) family. PTP family members are a group of enzymes that catalyze the removal of phosphate groups from tyrosine residues by the hydrolysis of phosphoric acid monoesters. The activity of PTPs opposite that of kinases and phosphorylases and therefore PTPs play an integral role in many signal transduction pathways. PTPs are known to be signaling molecules that regulate a variety of cellular processes including cell growth, differentiation, mitotic cycle, and oncogenic transformation. PTPN11 is widely expressed in most tissues and plays a regulatory role in various cell signaling events that are important for a diversity of cell functions, such as mitogenic activation, metabolic control, transcription regulation, and cell migration.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional breast data available.
PTPN11 was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- Discovery and preliminary confirmation of novel early detection biomarkers for triple-negative breast cancer using preclinical plasma samples from the Women's Health Initiative observational study.
- Plasma biomarker profiles differ depending on breast cancer subtype but RANTES is consistently increased.
- HGNC entry for PTPN11 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for PTPN11 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for PTPN11 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for PTPN11 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term PTPN11 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene PTPN11 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for PTPN11
- Human Gene(s) with 'PTPN11' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for PTPN11 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human PTPN11
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for PTPN11 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for PTPN11 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of PTPN11
|UniProt Accession #:||Q06124|
|Mutated Sites Count:||112|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||51|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||5|