Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- Phosphoinositide lipid phosphatase,
- protein tyrosine phosphatase, mitochondrial 1,
- EC 22.214.171.124,EC 126.96.36.199,
- protein-tyrosine phosphatase mitochondrial 1,
- NB4 apoptosis/differentiation related protein,
- PTEN-like phosphatase,
- phosphoinositide lipid phosphatase,
PTPMT1 is a lipid phosphatase which dephosphorylates phosphatidylglycerophosphate (PGP) to phosphatidylglycerol (PG). PGP is an essential intermediate in the biosynthetic pathway of cardiolipin, a mitochondrial-specific phospholipid regulating the membrane integrity and activities of the organelle.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional breast data available.
PTPMT1 was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- Plasma biomarker profiles differ depending on breast cancer subtype but RANTES is consistently increased.
- Discovery and preliminary confirmation of novel early detection biomarkers for triple-negative breast cancer using preclinical plasma samples from the Women's Health Initiative observational study.
- HGNC entry for PTPMT1 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for PTPMT1 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for PTPMT1 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for PTPMT1 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term PTPMT1 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene PTPMT1 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for PTPMT1
- Human Gene(s) with 'PTPMT1' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for PTPMT1 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human PTPMT1
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for PTPMT1 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for PTPMT1 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of PTPMT1
|UniProt Accession #:||Q8WUK0|
|Mutated Sites Count:||21|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||4|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||5|