Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- protein kinase C, iota,
- Atypical protein kinase C-lambda/iota,
- atypical protein kinase C-lambda/iota,
- EC 126.96.36.199,
- protein kinase C iota type,
PRKCI is a member of the protein kinase C (PKC) family of serine/threonine protein kinases. It is a calcium- and diacylglycerol-independent serine/threonine-protein kinase that plays a general protective role against apoptotic stimuli, is involved in NF-kappa-B activation, cell survival, differentiation and polarity, and contributes to the regulation of microtubule dynamics in the early secretory pathway. Is necessary for BCR-ABL oncogene-mediated resistance to apoptotic drug in leukemia cells, protecting leukemia cells against drug-induced apoptosis.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
PRKCI has not been identified previously in serum as a lung cancer biomarker and represents a novel finding in the aptamer proteomic technology study (Ostroff et al, 2010). PRKCI was observed up-regulated in lung cancer in this study.
PRKCI is a member of a 12 protein panel that can discriminate NSCLC from controls with 91% sensitivity and 84% specificity in cross-validated training and 89% sensitivity and 83% specificity in a separate verification set, with similar performance for early and late stage NSCLC.
- HGNC entry for PRKCI from Genenames
- KEGG entry for PRKCI from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for PRKCI all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for PRKCI from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term PRKCI from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene PRKCI from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for PRKCI
- Human Gene(s) with 'PRKCI' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for PRKCI from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human PRKCI
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for PRKCI from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for PRKCI from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of PRKCI
No other associated resources found.
|UniProt Accession #:||P41743|
|Mutated Sites Count:||95|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||18|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|