Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- skin-derived antileukoproteinase,
- peptidase inhibitor 3, skin-derived,
- Elastase-specific inhibitor,
- protease inhibitor 3, skin-derived (SKALP),
- WAP four-disulfide core domain protein 14,
ELAFIN, a secreted protein, is a neutrophil and pancreatic elastase-specific inhibitor of skin. It may prevent elastase-mediated tissue proteolysis. ELAFIN contains a WAP-type four-disulfide core (WFDC) domain, and is thus a member of the WFDC domain family. Expression of the ELAFIN gene is upgulated by bacterial lipopolysaccharides and cytokines.
|QA State:||Under Review|
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.