Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- platelet-derived growth factor alpha polypeptide,
- Platelet-derived growth factor,
PDGFA, or platelet-derived growth factor alpha polypeptide, is a member of the platelet-derived growth factor family. PDGFA is a growth factor that plays an essential role in the regulation of embryonic development, cell proliferation, cell migration, survival and chemotaxis. There are four members of the PDGF family, characterized by a motif of eight cysteines. PDGFA exists as either a homodimer or a heterodimer with PDGFB (platelet-derived growth factor beta polypeptide).
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional breast data available.
PDGFA was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- HGNC entry for PDGFA from Genenames
- KEGG entry for PDGFA from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for PDGFA all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for PDGFA from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term PDGFA from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene PDGFA from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for PDGFA
- Human Gene(s) with 'PDGFA' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for PDGFA from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human PDGFA
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for PDGFA from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for PDGFA from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of PDGFA
|UniProt Accession #:||P04085|
|Mutated Sites Count:||35|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||8|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||5|