Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- propanoyl-CoA:carbon dioxide ligase alpha subunit,
- Propanoyl-CoA:carbon dioxide ligase subunit alpha,
- EC 220.127.116.11,
- propionyl-CoA carboxylase alpha chain, mitochondrial,
- propionyl CoA carboxylase, alpha polypeptide,
- pccA complementation group,
- PCCase subunit alpha,
- PCCase alpha subunit,
- propionyl Coenzyme A carboxylase, alpha polypeptide,
PCCA, or propionyl CoA carboxylase, alpha polypeptide, is the alpha subunit of the heterodimeric mitochondrial enzyme Propionyl-CoA carboxylase. The beta subunit is PCCB. The enzyme deficiency propionic acidemia results from mutations in either PCCA or PCCB. Several isoforms for this gene have been identified, coded by multiple transcript variants.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional breast data available.
PCCA was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- Discovery and preliminary confirmation of novel early detection biomarkers for triple-negative breast cancer using preclinical plasma samples from the Women's Health Initiative observational study.
- Plasma biomarker profiles differ depending on breast cancer subtype but RANTES is consistently increased.
|UniProt Accession #:||P05165|
|Mutated Sites Count:||161|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||13|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|