Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- PCCase subunit alpha,
- propionyl-CoA carboxylase alpha chain, mitochondrial,
- PCCase alpha subunit,
- Propanoyl-CoA:carbon dioxide ligase subunit alpha,
- propionyl Coenzyme A carboxylase, alpha polypeptide,
- propionyl CoA carboxylase, alpha polypeptide,
- propanoyl-CoA:carbon dioxide ligase alpha subunit,
- pccA complementation group,
- EC 126.96.36.199,
PCCA, or propionyl CoA carboxylase, alpha polypeptide, is the alpha subunit of the heterodimeric mitochondrial enzyme Propionyl-CoA carboxylase. The beta subunit is PCCB. The enzyme deficiency propionic acidemia results from mutations in either PCCA or PCCB. Several isoforms for this gene have been identified, coded by multiple transcript variants.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional breast data available.
PCCA was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- Discovery and preliminary confirmation of novel early detection biomarkers for triple-negative breast cancer using preclinical plasma samples from the Women's Health Initiative observational study.
- Plasma biomarker profiles differ depending on breast cancer subtype but RANTES is consistently increased.
- HGNC entry for PCCA from Genenames
- KEGG entry for PCCA from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for PCCA all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for PCCA from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term PCCA from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene PCCA from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for PCCA
- Human Gene(s) with 'PCCA' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for PCCA from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human PCCA
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for PCCA from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for PCCA from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of PCCA
|UniProt Accession #:||P05165|
|Mutated Sites Count:||161|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||13|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|