Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- Oncogene DJ-1,
- Parkinson disease protein 7,
- Protein DJ-1,
- Parkinson disease (autosomal recessive, early onset) 7,
DJ-1, also known as PARK-7, belongs to the peptidase C56 family of proteins. It acts as a positive regulator of androgen receptor-dependent transcription. It may also function as a redox-sensitive chaperone, as a sensor for oxidative stress, and it apparently protects neurons against oxidative stress and cell death. DJ-1 is highly expressed in pancreas, kidney, skeletal muscle, liver, testis and heart and is detected at slightly lower levels in placenta and brain.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
Validation study was conducted to determine whether DJ-1 antigens are associated with autoantibodies in sera collected at the pre-symptomatic stage of lung cancer.
Supporting Study Data
The following studies/protocols provide evidence supporting PARK7 indications for the Lung…
Validation of Protein Markers for Lung Cancer Using CARET Sera and Proteomics Techniques
1.1 To validate the finding from pilot studies with CARET sera of autoantibodies to annexins I and II and PGP9.5 as potential biomarkers for lung cancers before the clinical diagnosis, evaluating sensitivity and specificity by time before diagnosis, treatment arm, gender, histologic type, and smoking status. 1.2 To determine whether a pattern of occurrence of autoantibodies in lung cancer sera may be diagnostic of lung cancer that is not dependent on the occurrence of any particular autoantibody. 1.3 To compare the findings for individual biomarker candidates and combinations of biomarker candidates in participants who were current smokers versus former smokers.View more about this study
Biomarker Characteristics Summary
|Notes||Sensitivity||Specificity||Prevalence||NPV||PPV||Specific Assay Type|
|Individual sera collected from 85 subjects within a year prior to a diagnosis of lung cancer and 85 matched controls from the CARET cohort were used in this analysis. Sam Hanash laboratory.||39.0||51.0||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Individual sera collected from 85 subjects within a year prior to a diagnosis of lung cancer and 85 matched controls from the CARET cohort were used in this analysis. Sam Hanash laboratory.||82.0||25.0||N/A||N/A||N/A|
No extra decision rule information available
Additional Study-Specific Protocols
- Occurrence of autoantibodies to annexin I, 14-3-3 theta and LAMR1 in prediagnostic lung cancer sera.
No study-specific resources defined.
No organ-specific protocols defined.
No organ-specific publications defined.
No organ-specific resources defined.
No associated studies or protocols found.
- HGNC entry for PARK7 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for PARK7 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for PARK7 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for PARK7 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term PARK7 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene PARK7 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for PARK7
- Human Gene(s) with 'PARK7' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for PARK7 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human PARK7
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for PARK7 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for PARK7 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of PARK7
No other associated resources found.
|UniProt Accession #:||Q99497|
|Mutated Sites Count:||19|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||4|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|