Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- Myosin heavy chain 12,
- Dilute myosin heavy chain, non-muscle,
- myosin, heavy polypeptide kinase,
- unconventional myosin-Va,
- myosin V,
- myosin VA (heavy chain 12, myoxin),
- dilute myosin heavy chain, non-muscle,
- myosin VA (heavy polypeptide 12, myoxin),
The MYO5A gene is one of three myosin V heavy-chain genes, belonging to the myosin gene superfamily. The MYO5A protein functions as a processive actin-based motor that can move in large steps approximating the 36-nm pseudo-repeat of the actin filament. MYO5A is also involved in cytoplasmic vesicle transport and anchorage, spindle-pole alignment and mRNA translocation. Different isoforms, encoded by alternatively spliced transcript variants, have been reported.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional breast data available.
MYO5A was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- HGNC entry for MYO5A from Genenames
- KEGG entry for MYO5A from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for MYO5A all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for MYO5A from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term MYO5A from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene MYO5A from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for MYO5A
- Human Gene(s) with 'MYO5A' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for MYO5A from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human MYO5A
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for MYO5A from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for MYO5A from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of MYO5A
|UniProt Accession #:||Q9Y4I1|
|Mutated Sites Count:||241|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||17|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|