Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- C-Myc-binding protein,
- Associate of Myc 1,
- associate of myc-1,
- c-myc binding protein,
MYCBP, or MYC binding protein, or C-MYC binding protein, binds to the N-terminus of the oncogenic protein MYC, also known as C-MYC, enhancing the ability of MYC to activate E box-dependent transcription. MYCBP is normally found in the cytoplasm, but it moves to the nucleus during the S phase of the cell cycle and associates with MYC.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional breast data available.
MYCBP was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- Discovery and preliminary confirmation of novel early detection biomarkers for triple-negative breast cancer using preclinical plasma samples from the Women's Health Initiative observational study.
- Plasma biomarker profiles differ depending on breast cancer subtype but RANTES is consistently increased.
- HGNC entry for MYCBP from Genenames
- KEGG entry for MYCBP from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for MYCBP all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for MYCBP from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term MYCBP from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene MYCBP from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for MYCBP
- Human Gene(s) with 'MYCBP' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for MYCBP from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human MYCBP
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for MYCBP from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for MYCBP from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of MYCBP
|UniProt Accession #:||Q99417|
|Mutated Sites Count:||10|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||3|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||3|