Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- cell surface glycoprotein P1H12,
- melanoma-associated antigen A32,
- melanoma adhesion molecule,
- cell surface glycoprotein MUC18,
- Melanoma-associated antigen MUC18,
- melanoma cell adhesion molecule,
- Cell surface glycoprotein P1H12,
- Melanoma-associated antigen A32,
- CD146 antigen,
- melanoma-associated antigen MUC18,
- Melanoma cell adhesion molecule,
- S-endo 1 endothelial-associated antigen,
From UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot: Plays a role in cell adhesion, and in cohesion of the endothelial monolayer at intercellular junctions in vascular tissue. Its expression may allow melanoma cells to interact with cellular elements of the vascular system, thereby enhancing hematogeneous tumor spread. Could be an adhesion molecule active in neural crest cells during embryonic development. Acts as surface receptor that triggers tyrosine phosphorylation of FYN and PTK2/FAK1, and a transient increase in the intracellular calcium concentration.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
Head & neck, NOS
No additional data available.
MCAM is one of eight genes on a panel of differentially methylated genes from normal and OSCC clinical samples from patients with heterogenous risk profiles chosen for further validation. The eight genes are: HOXA9, NID2, GATA4, KIF1A, EDNRB, MCAM, DCC, and CALCA.
|QA State:||Under Review|
- Expression changes in the stroma of prostate cancer predict subsequent relapse.
- NID2 and HOXA9 promoter hypermethylation as biomarkers for prevention and early detection in oral cavity squamous cell carcinoma tissues and saliva.
- Diagnosis of prostate cancer using differentially expressed genes in stroma.
- HGNC entry for MCAM from Genenames
- KEGG entry for MCAM from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for MCAM all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for MCAM from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term MCAM from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene MCAM from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for MCAM
- Human Gene(s) with 'MCAM' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for MCAM from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human MCAM
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for MCAM from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for MCAM from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of MCAM
|UniProt Accession #:||P43121|
|Mutated Sites Count:||74|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||19|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|