Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- MAPK/ERK kinase 1,
- protein kinase, mitogen-activated, kinase 1 (MAP kinase kinase 1),
- MAP kinase kinase 1,
- ERK activator kinase 1,
- MEK 1,
- EC 184.108.40.206,
- dual specificity mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 1,
- mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 1,
- MAPKK 1,
MAP2K1, or mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 1, is a dual specificity protein kinase which acts as an essential component of the MAP kinase signal transduction pathway. MAP kinases, also known as extracellular signal-regulated kinases (ERKs), act as an integration point for multiple biochemical signals. MAP2K1 is located upstream of MAP kinases and stimulates the enzymatic activity of MAP kinases upon wide variety of extra- and intracellular signals. MAP2K1 is thought to be involved in binding of extracellular ligands such as growth factors, cytokines and hormones to their cell-surface receptors, as well as cellular processes such as proliferation, differentiation, transcription regulation and development.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional breast data available.
MAP2K1 was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- Plasma biomarker profiles differ depending on breast cancer subtype but RANTES is consistently increased.
- Discovery and preliminary confirmation of novel early detection biomarkers for triple-negative breast cancer using preclinical plasma samples from the Women's Health Initiative observational study.
- HGNC entry for MAP2K1 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for MAP2K1 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for MAP2K1 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for MAP2K1 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term MAP2K1 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene MAP2K1 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for MAP2K1
- Human Gene(s) with 'MAP2K1' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for MAP2K1 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human MAP2K1
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for MAP2K1 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for MAP2K1 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of MAP2K1
|UniProt Accession #:||Q02750|
|Mutated Sites Count:||67|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||27|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|