Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- MAGE-6 antigen,
- cancer/testis antigen family 1, member 6,
- MAGE3B antigen,
- melanoma antigen family A, 6,
- cancer/testis antigen 1.6,
- melanoma-associated antigen 6,
- Cancer/testis antigen 1.6,
The members of the MAGEA protein family display 50-80% sequence identity among their members. MAGEA proteins are thought to play a role in tumor transformation or aspects of tumor progression. The promoters and first exons of the MAGEA genes show considerable variability, suggesting that the existence of this gene family enables the same function to be expressed under different transcriptional controls. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional breast data available.
MAGEA6 was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- Discovery and preliminary confirmation of novel early detection biomarkers for triple-negative breast cancer using preclinical plasma samples from the Women's Health Initiative observational study.
- Plasma biomarker profiles differ depending on breast cancer subtype but RANTES is consistently increased.
- HGNC entry for MAGEA6 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for MAGEA6 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for MAGEA6 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for MAGEA6 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term MAGEA6 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene MAGEA6 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for MAGEA6
- Human Gene(s) with 'MAGEA6' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for MAGEA6 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human MAGEA6
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for MAGEA6 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for MAGEA6 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of MAGEA6
|UniProt Accession #:||P43360|
|Mutated Sites Count:||80|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||0|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||3|