Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- F37/esophageal cancer-related gene-coding leucine-zipper motif,
- F37/Esophageal cancer-related gene-coding leucine-zipper motif,
- leucine zipper putative tumor suppressor 1,
- leucine zipper, putative tumor suppressor 1,
LZTS1 is a tumor suppressor protein that is widely expressed in normal tissues. It is involved in regulating cell growth and is also thought to interact with the active CDC2-cyclin B1 complex and contribute to the regulation of the cell cycle and the prevention of uncontrolled cell proliferation. Loss of heterozygosity (LOH) in the 8p arm is a common characteristic of many types of cancer, and this gene is located on 8p22.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
LZTS1 may be considered for further preclinical testing as a tumor biomarker.
LZTS1 was overexpressed in ovarian cancer relative to normal ovary and relative to a panel of normal organs. LZTS1 was found in small and larger blood vessels. FZD10 showed limited or no expression by qRT-PCR in normal tissues.
- HGNC entry for LZTS1 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for LZTS1 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for LZTS1 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for LZTS1 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term LZTS1 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene LZTS1 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for LZTS1
- Human Gene(s) with 'LZTS1' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for LZTS1 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human LZTS1
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for LZTS1 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for LZTS1 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of LZTS1
|UniProt Accession #:||Q9Y250|
|Mutated Sites Count:||113|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||13|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||5|