Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- latent transforming growth factor beta binding protein 2,
- chromosome 14 open reading frame 141,
- Latent-transforming growth factor beta-binding protein 2,
LTBP2, the largest member of the latent transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta binding protein family, possesses unique regions and is most similar to the fibrillins. It has thus been suggested that it may have multiple functions: as a member of the TGF-beta latent complex, as a structural component of microfibrils, and a role in cell adhesion. LTBP2 forms part of the large latent transforming growth factor beta precursor complex; removal is essential for activation of complex. It is expressed in lung, weakly expressed in heart, placenta, liver and skeletal muscle.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
No additional ovarian data available.
LTBP2 was one of 50 tumor vasculature-associated genes with transmembrane or secreted protein products identified through expression profiling of ovarian cancer vascular cells. These 50 tumor vascular markers (TVMs) also had low or no expression in normal tissues. LTBP2 was not in the group of 13 selected for further validation.
- HGNC entry for LTBP2 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for LTBP2 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for LTBP2 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for LTBP2 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term LTBP2 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene LTBP2 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for LTBP2
- Human Gene(s) with 'LTBP2' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for LTBP2 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human LTBP2
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for LTBP2 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for LTBP2 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of LTBP2
|UniProt Accession #:||Q14767|
|Mutated Sites Count:||277|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||23|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||5|