Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- leucine-rich repeats and immunoglobulin-like domains protein 3,
- leucine-rich repeats and immunoglobulin-like domains 3,
The LRIG3 protein is a widely expressed type I membrane protein. It contains three Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains, 15 LRR (leucine-rich) repeats, 1 LRRCT domain, and 1 LRRNT domain.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
Decreased expression of LRIG3 protein in glioblastoma cell lines resulted in increased proliferation and invasion, decreased apoptosis, and increased EGFR expression, leading to the hypothesis that LRIG is a tumor suppressor. A decreased level of LRIG was also seen in the serum of lung cancer patients compared to controls in the aptamer proteomic technology study (Ostroff et al, 2010).
LRIG3 is a member of a 12 protein panel that can discriminate NSCLC from controls with 91% sensitivity and 84% specificity in cross-validated training and 89% sensitivity and 83% specificity in a separate verification set, with similar performance for early and late stage NSCLC.
- Inhibition of LRIG3 gene expression via RNA interference modulates the proliferation, cell cycle, cell apoptosis, adhesion and invasion of glioblastoma cell (GL15).
- Unlocking biomarker discovery: large scale application of aptamer proteomic technology for early detection of lung cancer.
- The state of molecular biomarkers for the early detection of lung cancer.
- HGNC entry for LRIG3 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for LRIG3 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for LRIG3 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for LRIG3 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term LRIG3 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene LRIG3 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for LRIG3
- Human Gene(s) with 'LRIG3' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for LRIG3 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human LRIG3
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for LRIG3 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for LRIG3 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of LRIG3
No other associated resources found.
|UniProt Accession #:||Q6UXM1|
|Mutated Sites Count:||311|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||26|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||5|