Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- Lutropin beta chain,
- luteinizing hormone beta subunit,
- lutropin subunit beta,
- luteinizing hormone beta polypeptide,
- interstitial cell stimulating hormone, beta chain,
- Luteinizing hormone subunit beta,
The pituitary glycoprotein hormone family includes follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), luteinizing hormone (LH), chorionic gonadotropin (CG), and thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH). All of these glycoproteins consist of an identical alpha subunit and a hormone-specific beta subunit. LHB, the beta subunit of luteinizing hormone, confers biological specificity. LH is expressed in the pituitary gland and promotes spermatogenesis and ovulation by stimulating the testes and ovaries to synthesize steroids. The genes for the beta chains of chorionic gonadotropin and for luteinizing hormone are contiguous on chromosome 19q13.3. Mutations in this gene are associated with hypogonadism which is characterized by infertility and pseudohermaphroditism.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
LHB alone was not shown to be a strong predictor of ovarian cancer.
Despite many promising new markers for ovarian cancer, CA125 remains the single best biomarker in the phase II and phase III specimens tested in this study.
No associated publications found.
- HGNC entry for LHB from Genenames
- KEGG entry for LHB from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for LHB all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for LHB from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term LHB from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene LHB from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for LHB
- Human Gene(s) with 'LHB' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for LHB from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human LHB
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for LHB from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for LHB from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of LHB
|UniProt Accession #:||P01229|
|Mutated Sites Count:||29|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||6|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|