Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- jun B proto-oncogene,
- activator protein 1,
- transcription factor jun-B,
JUNB, or jun B proto-oncogene, is a transcription factor involved in regulating gene activity following the primary growth factor response. Binds to the DNA sequence 5'-TGA[CG]TCA-3'.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
|QA State:||Under Review|
It is thought that JUNB plays an important role in the biological behavior of malignant breast tumors.
JUNB was one of numerous potential early detection biomarkers specific to triple-negative breast cancer in multiple pathways identified.
- Plasma biomarker profiles differ depending on breast cancer subtype but RANTES is consistently increased.
- Jun and Fos family protein expression in human breast cancer: correlation of protein expression and clinicopathological parameters.
- Discovery and preliminary confirmation of novel early detection biomarkers for triple-negative breast cancer using preclinical plasma samples from the Women's Health Initiative observational study.
- HGNC entry for JUNB from Genenames
- KEGG entry for JUNB from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for JUNB all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for JUNB from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term JUNB from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene JUNB from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for JUNB
- Human Gene(s) with 'JUNB' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for JUNB from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human JUNB
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for JUNB from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for JUNB from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of JUNB
|UniProt Accession #:||P17275|
|Mutated Sites Count:||34|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||6|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||4|