Aliases:This biomarker is also known as:
- Plasma kallikrein sensitive glycoprotein 120,
- Inter-alpha-trypsin inhibitor heavy chain H4,
- ITI heavy chain H4,
- Inter-alpha-inhibitor heavy chain 4,
- Inter-alpha-trypsin inhibitor family heavy chain-related protein,
The inter-alpha-trypsin inhibitors (ITI) are a family of plasma protease inhibitors, assembled from a light chain - bikunin, encoded by AMBP - and five homologous heavy chains (encoded by ITIH1, ITIH2, ITIH3, ITIH4, and ITIH5), contributing to extracellular matrix stability by covalent linkage to hyaluronan. ITIH4 is secreted into the blood, where it is cleaved by plasma kallikrein into two smaller forms. Expression of the ITIH4 gene has been detected only in liver, and it seems to be upregulated during surgical trauma. This gene is part of a cluster of similar genes on chromosome 3. Two transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene.
There are no datasets associated with this biomarker.
The following organs have data associated with this biomarker…
The inter-alpha-trypsin inhibitors (ITI) are a family of plasma protease inhibitors, assembled from a light chain - bikunin, encoded by AMBP - and five homologous heavy chains (encoded by ITIH1, ITIH2, ITIH3, ITIH4, and ITIH5), contributing to extracellular matrix stability by covalent linkage to hyaluronan. ITIH molecules have been shown to play a particularly important role in inflammation and carcinogenesis. A strong correlation (p < 0.001) has been found between ITIH2 expression and estrogen receptor (ER) expression indicating that ER may be involved in the regulation of this ECM molecule.
Of the 28 ovarian cancer biomarkers tested in prediagnostic specimens, from the PLCO, CA125 remains the single best biomarker for ovarian cancer and has its strongest signal within six months of diagnosis. ITIH4 alone was not a strong predictor.
No associated publications found.
- HGNC entry for ITIH4 from Genenames
- KEGG entry for ITIH4 from Genome.jp
- Entrez entry for ITIH4 all NCBI Databasese
- Human GEO Profiles for ITIH4 from NCBI GEO Profiles
- Human Geo Datasets containing term ITIH4 from NCBI GEO Datasets
- GWAS Study Datasets containing gene ITIH4 from GWAS
- Human Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms info for ITIH4
- Human Gene(s) with 'ITIH4' as Gene Name/Alias
- Human Gene RefSeq for ITIH4 from NCBI
- GeneCards entry for human ITIH4
- UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entry for ITIH4 from Uniprot
- Human Protein RefSeq for ITIH4 from NCBI
- FDA web page describing approval of ITIH4
No other associated resources found.
|UniProt Accession #:||Q14624|
|Mutated Sites Count:||174|
|Associated Pubmed ID Count||21|
|Affected Protein Function Sites Count:||5|